[Geany-Devel] Windows binaries for testing (was: Re: Geany 1.23 Waf install under win32)

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sat Apr 12 10:14:00 UTC 2014

On 11/04/14 20:04, Enrico Tröger wrote:> On 11/04/14 19:24, Enrico
Tröger wrote:
>> On 11/04/14 08:41, Steven VALSESIA wrote:
>>> Hi !
>>>
>>> I wanted to try this test-build
>>> http://uvena.de/tmp/geany-1.24_setup_test.exe, but I cannot ran it.
>>> I had to had these dependency :
>>>

>>> *libgcc_s_sjlj-1.dlllibstdc++-6.dlllibwinpthread-1.dll*
>>>
>>> But even if I had them, I cannot run it because my version of
>>> libstdc++-6.dll (and number of other I tested) don't have the call for
>>> __gxx_personality_sj0.
>>>
>>> What's the problem ? (I'm running Windows 7 pro 64bits).
>>
>> Ouch.
>> Not yet sure what's wrong, I'll have a look.
>> I built the binaries also on Windows 7 64bits :(.
>
> Could you try the following Geany binary:
>
> http://uvena.de/tmp/geany_static.exe
>
> I built this one with -static but not really sure if it had any effect.
>
> Where is your libstdc++6.dll coming from? We don't ship it, so I'm
> wondering.
>
> If the above binary won't work, could you then try to copy
> http://uvena.de/tmp/libstdc%2b%2b-6.dll into the Geany bin directory,
> next to geany.exe? This version is the one from the Strawberry Perl
> distribution which includes a whole complete gcc build which I use to
> compile the binaries.

Forget the above, these files won't help.

I built the binaries with a newly set up build environment on Windows 7,
including much newer Mingw gcc bundle (previously 3.4, now 4.7). Either
it was a change in gcc or a change in the updated Waf build system but
now we need to pass -static-libgcc and -static-libstdc++ to the linker
in order to remove the above noticed dependency.

In the following builds I did this and tested them additionally on an
old Windows XP (32bit):

http://uvena.de/tmp/geany-1.24_setup_test2.exe
http://uvena.de/tmp/geany-plugins-1.24_setup_test.exe

Now, the installers and binaries included are also properly digitially
signed by me in case anybody cares.

I'd be happy if anyone else could test them and verify everything runs fine.

Thanks.