[Geany-Devel] Geany 1.23 Waf install under win32

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Fri Apr 11 18:04:53 UTC 2014

On 11/04/14 19:24, Enrico Tröger wrote:
> On 11/04/14 08:41, Steven VALSESIA wrote:
>> Hi !
>>
>> I wanted to try this test-build
>> http://uvena.de/tmp/geany-1.24_setup_test.exe, but I cannot ran it.
>> I had to had these dependency :
>>

>> *libgcc_s_sjlj-1.dlllibstdc++-6.dlllibwinpthread-1.dll*
>>
>> But even if I had them, I cannot run it because my version of
>> libstdc++-6.dll (and number of other I tested) don't have the call for
>> __gxx_personality_sj0.
>>
>> What's the problem ? (I'm running Windows 7 pro 64bits).
>
> Ouch.
> Not yet sure what's wrong, I'll have a look.
> I built the binaries also on Windows 7 64bits :(.

Could you try the following Geany binary:

http://uvena.de/tmp/geany_static.exe

I built this one with -static but not really sure if it had any effect.

Where is your libstdc++6.dll coming from? We don't ship it, so I'm
wondering.

If the above binary won't work, could you then try to copy
http://uvena.de/tmp/libstdc%2b%2b-6.dll into the Geany bin directory,
next to geany.exe? This version is the one from the Strawberry Perl
distribution which includes a whole complete gcc build which I use to
compile the binaries.

Thanks.