[Geany-Devel] Setting Windows working directory

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Thu Apr 10 20:29:53 UTC 2014

On 18/05/13 16:12, Enrico Tröger wrote:
> Hey,
>
> sorry for the delay.
>

> On 19/03/13 17:55, Colomban Wendling wrote:

>>> Ok. Just to get it clear, do we want to not change the current working
>>> directory at all? Before my change we *did* change it very late in the
>>> init process. If we decide to not change it at all, we might lock again
>>> the directory where Geany was started as in bug #2626124.
>>> As Dimitar noted in this thread, this is not as bad and uncommon as I
>>> assumed. So if we all agree on this behaviour, I'd be ok with.
>>
>> I don't care very much actually, but the idea of not locking the
>> directory from where Geany was started looks sensible.
>>
>> Is there real issues on cwd()ing apart the option parsing one?
>
> Excluding the relative path resource loading problem, I don't know of any.
>
> So, we have two options here:
> a) remove the code to change the working directory on Windows
> completely, which would cause locking the directory from where Geany was
> started
> b) revert my faulty commit to the previous behaviour we had for years:
> changing the working directory at the end of the init process to not
> lock the original directory
>
> I personally would vote for b but don't mind much since most votes so
> far went for a). Just tell me what way to go and I'll change it.

I went for c):

in GIT master, Geany now changes the working directory after handling
files passed on the command line and before loading plugins.

So everything should be fine, at least it was my in tests.