[Geany-Devel] Geany bug hunting week

Yosef Or Boczko yoseforb at xxxxx
Thu Apr 10 11:02:56 UTC 2014

בתאריך ה', אפר 10, 2014 בשעה 2:18 AM, Colomban Wendling
<lists.ban at herbesfolles.org> כתב:
> Le 09/04/2014 20:33, Yosef Or Boczko a écrit :
>>  I think there is more one bug, which I seen it some month ago.
>>  With vte 0.36 (GNOME 3.12 cycle) the terminal in the bottom
>>  don't work, and cause to crash. since it happen, I work with
>>  'geany -t' (disable terminal).
>>
>>  I think each Arch's user will be affected from this bug, since
>>  GNOME 3.12 (with vte 0.36 and glib 2.40) it already in the testing
>>  repo, and in a week/two-weeks it will be available in the extra
>> (stable)
>>  repo.
>
> It's GTK 3.x, right?  GTK 3 support is still not considered stable,
> so I
> guess we don't care for 1.24 -- and anyway GTK 3.9.something somewhat
> broke Scintilla display (it now flickers badly).

Alright, but I still use Geany with GTK+ 3, and I sure I'm not alone.
To say 'it not stable, let this to be more unstable' it bad approach,
but before I'll report a bug about this I can't say anything.

Btw, maybe the bug it because some changes in Glib 2.40 itself, not
sure this come from vte 0.36.

Regards,
Yosef Or Boczko