[Geany-Devel] Geany bug hunting week

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Thu Apr 10 07:20:28 UTC 2014

On 14-04-09 12:32 PM, Frank Lanitz wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Apr 2014 23:19:52 +0400
> Pavel Roschin <roshin at scriptumplus.ru> wrote:
>
>> Good point to create accessible bug tracker for Geany:) AFAIK you
>> don't want use GitHub Issues so people report bugs elsewhere.
>
> sf is working for 99,9% of people ok ... ;)

It's often not working right for me, losing comments, and being really slow.

> (Sorry, github is the same stupid vendor locking as SF is. I will not
> move from one tracker with issues to another. Maybe sometime somebody
> will have the time to setup a own instance, it would be good. But to be
> honest, I didn't see some just working solution for years. They all
> suck at some point)

You can freely export bug tracker stuff out of both sourceforge and
github, neither one really locks you in.

The thing with Github is you get better integration with source code,
like closing bugs from commit messages, closing bugs when associated PRs
are closed, linking with source code, and also it means users don't have
to have to have multiple logins and stuff (same could be said for using
Github wikis too). Also the UI is nicer to use IMO.