[Geany-Devel] Interested making a patch to add QML support

Tory Gaurnier torygaurnier at xxxxx
Mon Sep 23 18:37:22 UTC 2013

So far what I can tell by looking at the Geany source, I added my qml.c
file to the ctags folder, in qml.c I only changed one variable type,
filePosition (from fpos_t to MIOPos). I edited parsers.h adding my qml
parser to the end of the list, I edited the Makefile to add qml.c, then
in filetypes.h I added the qml filetype id to the enum list, then in
filetypes.c I added it as such:
#define QML
     ft = filetypes[GEANY_FILETYPES_QML];
     ft->lang = 45; // 45th in the ctags list, I was supposed to do
this, right?
     ft->name = g_strdup("QML");
     filetype_make_title(ft, TITLE_SOURCE_FILE);
     ft->mime_type = g_strdup("text/x-qml");
     ft->group = GEANY_FILETYPE_GROUP_MISC;

It compiles fine, and runs, but it's not showing up under filetypes.

There must be something I'm missing but I just can't seem to find it.