[Geany-Devel] Interested making a patch to add QML support

Tory Gaurnier torygaurnier at xxxxx
Sun Sep 22 18:50:21 UTC 2013

On 09/22/2013 02:06 AM, Matthew Brush wrote:
> On 13-09-22 01:09 AM, Tory Gaurnier wrote:
>> [...]
>> One thing I notice is I don't see line numbers on output, is there an
>> option I have to run ctags with to show the line numbers maybe?
>>

> --excmd=number
>
> Cheers,
> Matthew Brush

So now I'm waiting on a reply from the ctags team, so I can find out how
to submit my code to their project, and in the mean time I want to learn
how I'll be adding to Geany, from what I can find it looks like I'd be
submitting the patch via git, but I've never used git before, and I
can't really find any detailed directions on the Geany hacking page, so
could you guys, once again, point me in the right direction? Also, git
actually downloads the source right? I ask because I want to do this
right, not sure if I'm supposed to manually download the source to start
working on it or use git to download it.

And thanks for all the help, I know I'm a total noob with this stuff,
I've honestly never even edited/contributed to someone elses code until
now (well, with the exception of helping a fellow student with homework
;] ).