[Geany-Devel] Interested making a patch to add QML support

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Wed Sep 18 01:45:15 UTC 2013

On 13-09-17 03:59 PM, Tory Gaurnier wrote:
> [...]
> I didn't realize I'd have to create the lexer myself. Is it possible to use the C lexer that's already in Geany and then work it into the QML file type? The only thing I really want to get working is the symbol list (which would be the ctags thing you refered to if I'm not mistaken, right?).

You could look at the CTags tutorial about extending[1], it has an
example for writing a "regex-based" parser which will probably be quite
a bit easier for a language like QML, if maybe less powerful than a
character-based parser.

[1] http://ctags.sourceforge.net/EXTENDING.html