[Geany-Devel] [geany-plugins] Autoclose: v0.2 - many improvements (#114)

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sun Oct 27 16:27:18 UTC 2013

On 10/27/13 17:03, Pavel Roschin wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> now that we have a quite feature rich auto-close plugin (I didn't
>> test/use it but it already looks more mature than what we have in Geany
>> core), I wonder whether we could drop the now somewhat redundant and
>> always buggy code in Geany core which provides the same feature.
>>
>> Any opinions?
>>
>> Pavel: I guess the auto-close plugin is at least as production ready as
>> the current buggy code in Geany and so can be used as replacement?
>
> Actually we have at least three implementations:
> 1) Geany itself
> 2) Addons plugin (implements enclosing and custom autoclose pairs)

Ah, forgot that one.
Do you think it's possible/reasonable to merge this into your plugin?

> 3) Autoclose plugin
>
> But autoclose plugin didn't tested by wide variety of users because it never
> was in release (it was appeared only in 1.24). So as it never was released, I'm
> not sure that it doesn't breaks someone's use case of Geany...

Ok, so it might be better to delay the removal of the Geany code until
maybe one or two releases of G-P including autoclose.

> IIRC, Geany devs prefer plugins over editor patches.

At least for me and especially in this case, this is true :).