[Geany-Devel] splitwindow2

Thomas Martitz thomas.martitz at xxxxx
Fri Oct 25 05:36:50 UTC 2013

Am 14.10.2013 21:48, schrieb Thomas Martitz:
> Am 10.10.2013 12:03, schrieb Thomas Martitz:
>> Hello,
>>
>> [1]: https://github.com/kugel-/geany/tree/splitwindow2
>
> I have pushed a new version. It works really well so far. But of course
there's still lots of TODOs but it is already pretty usable.

I have pushed a new version. It should be almost ready to go, so may I ask
you to begin reviewing the changes?

I have pushed all direct main_widgets.notebook(s) accesses to notebook.c.
The rest of the code can either loop over all notebooks
(foreach_notebook()) or get the current notebook (notebook_get_current()).
This should make future changes to the notebooks less invasive.

Since the last version I also implemented horizontal-vertical toggle and
state-save across restarts (split position and orientation is remembered
via geany.conf). I also implemented automatic sizing which (IMO) works
particularly nice: if only one of the notebooks has docs it is
automatically maximized. If you add docs to an empty notebook the old
split (as set by the user) position is restored. So you can add/remove
docs as you wish without losing the split position.

New is also drag and drop improvements: you can drag docs between
notebooks (if the other one has a doc you need to drag into the tab bar,
unfortunately, because the ScintillaObject eats the drop action). Dropping
new documents from the file browser into either notebook also works
correctly.

Please give it a try and a review, I'm seeking to upstream this.

https://github.com/kugel-/geany/tree/splitwindow2

Best regards.