[Geany-Devel] Ping on Bug #943 - windows build command

Dimitar Zhekov dimitar.zhekov at xxxxx
Wed Oct 9 16:36:47 UTC 2013

On Tue, 08 Oct 2013 17:50:15 -0700
Matthew Brush <mbrush at codebrainz.ca> wrote:

> On 13-10-08 10:28 AM, Dimitar Zhekov wrote:

> >> Any chance you could find time to review and test Geany's implementation
> >> to see if anything looks fishy?
> >
> > I can simply test FiF with regex = ".", which will generate a lot of
> > output quite fast [...]
>
> Can you get grep to write a lot of stuff to both stdout and stderr in
> the same run though? What about wrapping grep in a shell script that
> uses `tee` (or equivalent) to dump the output to both streams?

I can, but it would be easier to write a small program tham emits to
stdio and stderr, that's what I did for Scope (along with sending a lot
of data to the program, but it'll be useless in our case).

For now: grep has no problem searching C:\...\include with
subdirectories with ~235K matches, and without the subdirectories with
~77K matches and some error messages "coulnd not open <subdir>". The
recursive match count was not 100% identical to running grep from CLI,
probably because I tried to reproduce the CLI command in FiF instead of
vice versa, and that turned out to be impossible. I was never quite
happy with FiF, and perhaps the time has come for a thread how to
improve it a bit...

--
E-gards: Jimmy