[Geany-Devel] Ping on Bug #943 - windows build command

Dimitar Zhekov dimitar.zhekov at xxxxx
Mon Oct 7 16:13:28 UTC 2013

On Sun, 6 Oct 2013 11:02:07 +1100
Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 6 October 2013 06:06, Dimitar Zhekov <dimitar.zhekov at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 05 Oct 2013 07:40:15 -0700
> > Matthew Brush <mbrush at codebrainz.ca> wrote:
> >
> > > So with the pull request adding system() as a fallback/hidden
> > > preference, maybe we could just drop the win32 API code altogether,
> > > switch back to using the same codepath as all platforms (ie. GLib async
> > > spawning) and if people experience issues, we can use as further data
> > > points to troubleshoot GLib async spawning and we can recommend they try
> > > the system() option[1] as a workaround?
> >
> > Scope uses g_spawn_async_with_pipes() on Win~1 to both read from and
> > write to gdb without any problems that I know of. Could be because of
> > the specially written event source, or simply my ignorance. Also
> > can't remember whether I specially tested stderr.
> >

> Or possibly works because its just short messages, IIRC one of the problems
> only showed up with lots of data.

Unlikely. It's fully async, and even reentrable for the most part, so
the message size should not matter. And since the win~1 was custom, I
tested the *** thing with the order of megabytes while developing it.
BTW, I re-checked stderr, and it works fine.

--
E-gards: Jimmy