[Geany-Devel] Interested making a patch to add QML support

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Sun Oct 6 00:12:25 UTC 2013

On 6 October 2013 01:25, Tory Gaurnier <tory.gaurnier at linuxmail.org> wrote:

> Just thought I'd give everyone an update, it's still coming along, I have
> the tree view in the symbol list working as expected (it was easier than I
> thought, I was overcomplicating it at first), right now I'm working on
> cleaning up my code, and optimizing certain things.
>
> I would be done by now if I wasn't working so much, but I should have QML
> support finished within the next few days (if I have the time I'll get it
> finished tonight). Then I'll be ready to submit my work to ctags, and Geany.

One thing you could do to assist is to make a test suite for the tag
parser, see the preliminary ones Colomban has been adding.  Another thing
is to see if you can get others to use and comment on the filetype.  There
is some reluctance to commit new filetypes for languages that the Geany
devs don't know, because of the effort required to learn the language to
tell if the colouring and symbology make sense.  Having more than one user
of the filetype makes it more likely that it will be "just accepted".