[Geany-Devel] Ping on Bug #943 - windows build command

Dimitar Zhekov dimitar.zhekov at xxxxx
Sat Oct 5 19:06:08 UTC 2013

On Sat, 05 Oct 2013 07:40:15 -0700
Matthew Brush <mbrush at codebrainz.ca> wrote:

> So with the pull request adding system() as a fallback/hidden
> preference, maybe we could just drop the win32 API code altogether,
> switch back to using the same codepath as all platforms (ie. GLib async
> spawning) and if people experience issues, we can use as further data
> points to troubleshoot GLib async spawning and we can recommend they try
> the system() option[1] as a workaround?

Scope uses g_spawn_async_with_pipes() on Win~1 to both read from and
write to gdb without any problems that I know of. Could be because of
the specially written event source, or simply my ignorance. Also
can't remember whether I specially tested stderr.

--
E-gards: Jimmy