[Geany-Devel] Intro

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Sat Oct 5 14:13:55 UTC 2013

On 13-10-05 03:12 AM, Mark Robinson wrote:
> Hi Lex,
>
> Thanks for the welcome.  Yes, I read the HACKING doc., and followed
> it to the letter.  I have the new lexer up and working on a private
> link from a GIT extract.  The plugin seems to be working as well, so
> my C skills are getting better (I think).  The idea is to take the
> snippets in snippets.conf and allow the user to select them (double
> click to insert snippet) from a scroll window in the side-bar rather
> than have to remember the keyword (I'm old as well, so memory is an
> issue :)).  The new filetype I want to add has over 500 functions in
> its library, so you (I) can't remember the snippet keyword for all of
> them.  It occurred to me that this should work for any snippets, and
> it does.

Oliver Marks made a GeanyPy plugin that sounds very similar to this. I
can't find the Github repo anymore but you can see the Google+ posting
about it here[1] and the Ubuntu PPA is here[2].

Just thought I'd mention it since it sounds so similar.

[1]: https://plus.google.com/108080448324780364479/posts/5KTLneQbxyG
[2]: https://launchpad.net/~oly/+archive/geany