[Geany-Devel] spawning rewrite - RFC

Dimitar Zhekov dimitar.zhekov at xxxxx
Sun Nov 17 13:58:15 UTC 2013

On Sat, 16 Nov 2013 15:12:03 -0800
Matthew Brush <mbrush at codebrainz.ca> wrote:

> It's an on-going effort to improve the situation with process spawning
> on Win32 in Geany core for [...] build commands and such.

BTW, the patched build.c runs the build [non-execute] commands without
sh. I'm not sure if sh was used for variable / filename expansion[1],
to preserve the command line, or for some other reason. If you think
running via /bin/sh is better, I'll restore it, that's trivial.

[1] on win~1, the applications do filename expansion, and the
environment variables are not used that much.

--
E-gards: Jimmy