[Geany-Devel] Plugin path on GNU/Linux

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Sat Nov 16 10:56:43 UTC 2013

On 16 November 2013 21:23, Francesco OpenCode Apruzzese <opencode at e-ware.org
> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm new in Geany Plugin Dev. I'm try to follow the step of this gude:
> http://www.geany.org/manual/reference/howto.html
>
> When I create the plugin.so file I don't know where this file must be
> moved.

Run Geany then menu->help->debug messages and about the 5th message will be
system plugin path, thats where it should install when complete.
The next line is the user config path, and in that is the "plugins"
directory where you can put plugins during development so you don't screw
up your system install.
There is also a setting for an extra directory to check at
menu->edit->preferences->general->startup