[Geany-Devel] Gtk2 vs Gtk3 (was. Re: A direction for Geany)

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Tue Nov 12 23:36:32 UTC 2013

On 13 November 2013 10:24, Steven Blatnick <steve8track at yahoo.com> wrote:

>  My bad.  It appears the bookmark discrepancy isn't between versions, but
> between caja and the file open dialog:

Thats something inside GTK2/3 that provide the open dialog, nothing we can
control AFAIK.

> [...]
>
> As for themes, try installing pluma and gedit and opening them.  Usually
> for me, if you haven't changed themes yet, you get very different looking
> UI themes, but maybe they have fixed this in later versions of Mint.

Well MATE is a fork of Gnome2, so it may have trouble setting themes for
GTK3 apps since AFAIK its still written in GTK2.  Cinnamon is a fork of
Gnome3 so it knows about both GTK2 and GTK3.

PS I should have said "run both GTK2 and GTK3 versions of Geany"