[Geany-Devel] Gtk2 vs Gtk3 (was. Re: A direction for Geany)

Steven Blatnick steve8track at xxxxx
Tue Nov 12 23:06:35 UTC 2013

I'm being a bit off topic, but one problem I have with having both Gtk2
and Gtk3 apps is that there have been settings and theme discrepancies.
For example, I use Linux Mint MATE, and there have been some problems
with bookmarks being in sync between the file open dialog in Gtk2 apps
vs Gtk3 apps.  Plus, if I don't use a theme that is available in both
versions of Gtk, then I end up with foreign looking apps in my
environment, almost like I'm port forwarding X and getting things
theme-less.  Even geany hasn't been flawless in this Gnome Civil War,
with the default external file browser being nautilus, where my system
uses the nearly identical caja, although I changed the setting in geany
of course.