[Geany-Devel] Filetypes-Plugin-Support (was: Re: A direction for Geany)

Frank Lanitz frank at xxxxx
Tue Nov 12 17:48:26 UTC 2013

Am 11.11.2013 10:31, schrieb Matthew Brush:
> Another (perhaps more obvious) candidate here is file loading/saving,
> which is *way* easier than the parsing stuff since we don't have to
> contend with TM/CTags that uses global state like mad, and because
> Scintilla and GIO make this quite easy (probably wouldn't even require
> threads but just mainloop/async stuff).

I like that idea very, very much.
In some plugins we already do check for filetype on document changes to
activate functions or deactivate them. Having this as kind of a general
build in would help a lot and opens a lot of new doors for plugin devs.
As well as it might will remove some unneeded stu from core for most users.

Cheers,
Frank