[Geany-Devel] Wish for Wishlist and bug in Homepage

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Tue Nov 12 09:01:42 UTC 2013

Hi,

>An additional point I want to mention, is a bug in your
>Webside-software. As I wanted to add this wish to the wishlist, I
>clicked at the bottom of the page on "edit this page" of the line "(If
>you have another idea/wish which should be listed here, edit this
>page)". Then it asks for a username and password. Because I don't have
>an account for it, and I find no place to register, I have somewhat
>input. After that it shows be an empty page and Geany.org was no
>longer available. I thought, it would be an
>coincidental/hazard/fortuity/hap, that that happens. But now there was
>again Geany.org reachable, then I tried it again. And again the
>Geany-side was after that down. :-(
>
>So please update your Geany homepage software. Or it is really a very
>big coincidental/hazard/fortuity/hap, that in two times the Geany side
>goes in that time down, I tried to login there.

There was nothing 'went down'. The site is working fully, except you
try to post stuff which you don't want to.

The site is not meant to be editable to end users as this caused only
spam in the past. The wishlist page states on its top:

"The list was editable by everyone for a very long time. It has grown
and grown and grown. We have closed the list for now..."

I just removed the 'edit this page' link which was just a leftover.
There is no point in extending this old wishlist, rather file a feature
request or maybe this thread on the list might be enough.

P.S.: I'm working on rebuilding the site with a more modern
infrastructure and design but it might take some more time to finish it.

--
Not sent from my smartphone.