[Geany-Devel] A direction for Geany

Jon Senior jon at xxxxx
Tue Nov 12 08:12:20 UTC 2013

On Tue, 12 Nov 2013 08:39:14 +0100
Thomas Martitz <thomas.martitz at student.htw-berlin.de> wrote:
> Embracing the toolkit (GTK) and adopting GNOME application style are
> two different things. Yes, we can make more use of GTK. But we do not
> have to "GNOME it up" for it. And whether or not we use a toolkit to
> its fullest is no indication at all that we switch to another one.

I think it's already been expressed here, but I would say that (within
the realm of what is possible), Geany should continue to work
comfortably in any window manager / desktop environment. While I've
grown to tolerate Gnome3 over the last year (mainly because I don't
have time to properly test the alternatives), I expect to abandon it in
the future in favour of something a little less GPU heavy.

I'm very interested in this (potential) architectural change, and
should I find myself with time in the future (not going to happen for
at least another few months) I'd be quite interested in trying to
contribute.

Regards,

Jon