[Geany-Devel] Let's use Vala

Steven Blatnick steve8track at xxxxx
Mon Nov 11 16:38:53 UTC 2013

Disclaimer: I know little to nothing about Vala.

I like how lean Geany is.  From the discussion, it sounds like Vala does
its own memory management.  Currently geany only uses between 9 and 13
MB of memory on my box.  Would Vala inadvertantly make geany use more
memory?  I don't want to use much more of my GBs of memory ;-)

Changing languages almost always adds complexity and my humble opinion
is that it should be avoided, but I also don't know enough about vala to
say how easy it would be to include it in development.

Thanks,

Steve