[Geany-Devel] Find/highlight matching opening/closing HTML tag

Volodymyr Kononenko vmkononenko at xxxxx
Wed Mar 27 22:47:43 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I am software developer and I am using Geany almost every day. Let it be a
short introduction :)

I found out that Geany does not have a feature, mentioned in mail subject.
Is anybody busy with it?

A little googling showed me, that this feature is in Geany wishlist. So, I
wish to implement it.
After the brief investigation I've found, that it may be implemented in
on_update_ui (src/editor.c) by checking active lexer, and if it is HTML,
then calling editor_highlight_html_tag function (or something like this).

Is it OK to implement on the editor level, or you think it would be correct
to implement on the Scintilla lexer level (LexHTML.cxx)? Please, suggest.

--
Best regards,
Volodymyr Kononenko