[Geany-Devel] Setting Windows working directory

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Sat Mar 16 17:23:56 UTC 2013

Le 15/03/2013 16:18, Nick Treleaven a écrit :
> On 13/03/2013 06:19, Lex Trotman wrote:
>> Shouldn't plugins use geany->app->configdir as the base directory as
>> perhttp://www.geany.org/manual/reference/structGeanyApp.html
>>
>> and if its Geany it can use GeanyApp.datadir as the system data
>> directory.
>>

>>   For this to work, the working
>>> was
>>> plugins.
>> Yes it would be better to keep the working dir, ... well ... the
>> working dir:)
>
> +1, it's best for plugins to use fixed paths and avoid temporarily
> changing the working dir.

Agreed.  Though, IIUC on Windows it's meant to be dynamic, so it'd
require an API the plugins could use to get the sysdir -- or make all
plugins use g_win32_get_package_installation_directory_of_module() but
it's tedious.

BTW if we want not to change directory anymore, I think we'd need the
attached (untested) patch which fixes the only location I found where
Geany uses relative paths.  Or even apply it now (if it is tested
working) so we don't have relative path ourselves anymore.