[Geany-Devel] Some Auto-Indentation Ideas

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Thu Mar 14 14:09:54 UTC 2013

Le 14/03/2013 14:58, Roger Booth a écrit :
> On 03/14/2013 06:50 AM, Colomban Wendling wrote:

>>> I've worked as a developer in teams of programmers. I've never seen
>>> examples of "where whitespace has been left all around some files".
>>> Occasionally I see spaces at the end of lines. That doesn't bother me
>>> much.
>>>
>>> My main whitespace complaint with Geany is the indentation whitespace
>>> auto-generated when I leave blank lines. So if I am at one tab
>>> indentation and I type return, return, the line above the caret contains
>>> one tab only.
>> As Thomas pointed out, there is an option to automatically remove
>> trailing whitespace upon return, which IIUC would do what you want.
>
> The part of my reply that you removed explained why the
>
> option to automatically remove
> trailing whitespace upon return
>
> doesn't do what I want.

Not really, what I understand from the rest is that you don't like
removing all trailing whitespaces from the whole document (like the
"Document->Strip trailing whitespace" or option "Strip trailing
whitespace on save" does).  The option Thomas mentioned only removes
whitespaces from the line you hit return on, so it would only modify the
trailing spaces around the code you actually touched.

Regards,
Colomban