[Geany-Devel] Changing terminate signal for stopping executing programs

Dimitar Zhekov dimitar.zhekov at xxxxx
Wed Mar 13 18:57:55 UTC 2013

On Wed, 13 Mar 2013 08:51:14 +1100
Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 13 March 2013 04:47, Dimitar Zhekov <dimitar.zhekov at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > When you execute a gdb -exec-interrupt command in debugger or Scope, a
> > SIGINT is sent to the inferior, and to gdb, and to Geany. But if you
> > start gdb from a terminal, the signal is sent to inferior only.
> >

> Sounds like -exec-interrupt is sending to the process group, (see
> kill(2) with a negative number) which it would have inherited from
> Geany and so includes Geany in it.

gdb and the inferior are always in different sessions and process
groups, and an -exec-interrupt can SIGINTerrupt your entire X11 (though
I've only seen that with Geany started from XSMP, and I plan to drop
the X11 sm support anyway). Looks more like kill(-1, SIGINT) to me, but
then again, if gdb is started from any kind of terminal, the signal is
sent to the inferior only, no exceptions.

I googled for this problem, only to find that that Alexander Petukhov
(the author of debugger) questioned for it before me, but got no
sensible answer.

--
E-gards: Jimmy