[Geany-Devel] Setting Windows working directory

Dimitar Zhekov dimitar.zhekov at xxxxx
Wed Mar 13 18:26:56 UTC 2013

On Wed, 13 Mar 2013 11:26:19 +1100
Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:

> We have had a report on IRC that running geany on the windows command
> line will only open files in the Geany install directory unless you
> use the full path.
>
> Suspicion is falling on
> https://github.com/geany/geany/commit/775ef628688c69de34640e12666aed5762a80dff
>
> As the most experienced windowser (and the committer of that change)
> could you look at it please?

git 775ef628688c69de34640e12666aed5762a80dff: [...] "see bug #2626124"

I work with Win~1 daily, and can assure you that it's pretty normal for
an NT based system to lock a directory from which a file was open,
until the program which opened the file is exited. Hell, even Explorer
can lock a directory, for example by reading the pictures in it to show
previews - you can delete all files, but have to kill Explorer and
start it again via Task Manager to remove the directory.

--

On Wed, 13 Mar 2013 07:01:11 +0100
Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:

> The problem is that some code, I don't remember exactly
> whether it were only plugins or also Geany code, read resource files
> from a relative path like "\data\foo.bar".

s/buggy_code/g_build_filename(GEANY_DATADIR|PLUGINDATADIR, ...)/g

I use good file manager and never specify files to open from the
command line (cmd is a lame shell), so I never noticed this bug...

--
E-gards: Jimmy