[Geany-Devel] Changing terminate signal for stopping executing programs

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Mon Mar 11 23:12:15 UTC 2013

Le 11/03/2013 23:42, Lex Trotman a écrit :
> [...]
>> But it's probably not that hard to implement on older versions
>> ourselves, even if it simply means to borrow the relevant code…
>>

> As Enrico said, "Glad you volunteered" :)

Nah, it doesn't work, you aren't Enrico ;)

> A final comment is that since SIGTERM is generated by desktop
> environments when logging out, the whole handling and saving needs to
> be *fast* because the DEs don't seem to be very patient before they
> sigkill the process, and that can lose file contents when the save is
> partly complete.

I don't think handling SIGTERM is really the way to go handling desktop
logout.  To do this right one has to be able to ask the user for her
unsaved files, and this has to pause the logout process.  But I won't
start talking about this because we have 2 guys that implemented thins
about desktop logout handling and I don't want to bring the topic back,
because I don't want to work on this :)  Although it'd probably be cool
to integrate some of the work.

Cheers,
Colomban