[Geany-Devel] [geany/geany-plugins] 4cc119: Scope: Fix mismatched allocator/deallocator

Dimitar Zhekov dimitar.zhekov at xxxxx
Fri Mar 8 19:02:24 UTC 2013

On Fri, 8 Mar 2013 08:54:32 +1100
Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm only complaining about the *deliberate* crash and burn policy you
> seemed to be espousing.
>
> We should all try not to crash and burn in most reasonable circumstances.

It's not like I'll crash the plugin because of invalid user input,
errors in communication with gdb, incomplete/buggy gdb messages, or
something like that - these are actually checked very strictly. What I
don't do is to "defend" against programming errors in the plugin
itself - for example, return 0 if the scope_array_get_element_size()
emulations fails (that'll cause and endless loop).

I used the Linux version for a month without a single crash or other
bug, and think that it's reasonably safe (found a minor flaw, but we
are in freeze now). There may be bugs, of course, and even crashes,
but you should save your source files and compile them before debugging
anyway. So you'd better Save All, especially under Windows. That's it.

--
E-gards: Jimmy