[Geany-Devel] Core Terminal Plugin (was Re: [Geany-Users] no Terminal tab in Geany preferences??)

Dimitar Zhekov dimitar.zhekov at xxxxx
Mon Mar 4 17:44:04 UTC 2013

On Sun, 3 Mar 2013 10:37:21 +1100
Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:

> >Great minds think alike. :) However, as Colomban stated, making it a
> >core plugin means that it will be a compile-time option for the whole
> >Geany package, which is no different from making it a compile-time-only
> >option for Geany itself.
>
> Sure but if compiled into binary packages, the plugin will still not
> load if libvte isn't present on the end user system.  So we have the
> same flexibility as now.  A binary distro would only not compile it in
> if it didn't even have VTE available in its repos at all.

You are right, as Loong Jin also pointed out. All we need to do is drop
a note to the package maintainers not to add libvte as run-time
dependency, just in case. Neither build nor run time dependencies need
to be changed, which is a good thing.

--
E-gards: Jimmy