[Geany-Devel] Indentation in RTL languages is different from indentation in LTR languages

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Wed Jun 26 01:26:43 UTC 2013

Le 26/06/2013 00:27, Yosef Or Boczko a écrit :
> Good evening!
>
> Recently I tried to use Geany to edit the code of some GNOME projects.
> The settings of indentation is different from project to project.
> Usually, the settings of indentation it is based on spaces, not tabs.
>
> [...]
>
> Screenshots:
> Geany in Hebrew:
> https://bitbucket.org/yosefor/bug-indent-geany/raw/42d81c56949591895247acea4822c15612526126/Geany-indent-Hebrew.png
>
> Geany in English:
> https://bitbucket.org/yosefor/bug-indent-geany/raw/42d81c56949591895247acea4822c15612526126/Geany-indent-English.png

Weird, but since the indentation is probably tabs & space, could you try
displaying them so we can see their extents?  Also, double check that
the indent settings are the same (both size and type).

It could either be a manipulation you inadvertently did that changed how
indent is loaded, or a bug that makes the indent choice different
depending on the locale.

And Lex is right, checking another Scintilla editor may help locating
the issue.

BTW, I also see that the symbol pane don't change the position of the
line number depending on the text direction, I guess this should also be
fixed?

Cheers,
Colomban