[Geany-Devel] Geany themes repo

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Sun Jun 16 21:23:28 UTC 2013

On 13-06-16 01:41 PM, Colomban Wendling wrote:
> Le 16/06/2013 00:58, Matthew Brush a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> I added a Geany-Themes repo to Geany's Github org.

>> @distro packagers do you need anything else from this repo?
>
> I told ya nobody should care here ;)
>
> If really they have suggestions let them come, we are NOT here to please
> distros but to provide a good releasable thing by ourselves.  There of
> course is no reason not to get comments and suggestions form them, but
> that's by no means a goal.

What's "a good releasable thing" with respect to geany-themes? That's
why I asked is because I don't know if that's how it is currently, it's
not normal Autotools stuff, just a crappy hand-made Makefile, a bunch of
loose files, and some instructions. It doesn't even have a release
plan/mechanism yet.

IMO packaging of the software (or config files in this case) is quite
important since it's how most users get a hold of it, and if I've done
something stupid that's going to silently prevent it from being packaged
for certain distros, I'd like to know what I can do to fix it.