[Geany-Devel] Cloning the tree

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Fri Jun 14 17:30:47 UTC 2013

On 06/14/13 18:12, Adhir Ramjiawan wrote:
> Hi guys!
>
> I'm Adhir Ramjiawan, I've been wanting to brush up my C programming skills
> and feel Geany is good be a good project to learn from and contribute!
>
> I am experiencing a problem cloning the source tree from http://git.geany
> .org/git/geany . I dont get any git errors or anything, can any of you
> please assist?

I just made a fresh clone with:

git clone http://git.geany.org/git/geany

and it worked fine.
I also don't any output but I guess this is the default when cloning via
HTTP.
If it was successful, you should have a new subdirectory "geany"
containing the repository and checkout.

If you tell me your IP you are cloning with, I could also check the
server logs.

Alternatively, you can also clone from github.com/geany/geany.
Though I would like to sort out any problems with git.geany.org.

> Hope to have a long relationship with this project!

Hope so too!