[Geany-Devel] Adding a plugin

Frank Lanitz frank at xxxxx
Sun Jun 9 11:48:48 UTC 2013

On Sun, 09 Jun 2013 03:54:05 -0700
Roger Booth <rbooth at kabooth.com> wrote:

> I assume you are surprised by this. How dare the user of our docs not
> study to great lengths the implementations of the shit we (and others
> that have come before us) have produced. Nobody should have the
> effrontery to attempt to interface our code without spending a
> sufficient amount of time appreciating the edifice we have erected.

Please don't be a party-puper. Geany is FLOSS and everybody is welcome
to improve ... also the documentation. You recognized that the
documentation might not be clear in all cases. .. yepp. That's true.
But it's hard to find such things for somebody who knows the code from
deep inside the heard that Geany-Version -> API-Version -> ABI-Version.
so no need to document it for them.
Please take a look at github and improve the parts of documentation.
Complaining on the mailing list that the whole documentation suckz just
is making people spending a lot of spare time sad and sending them into
aggro-mode.

Would be really happy to see a patch improving that aspect from
documentation as well as the Plugin-HowTo.

cheers,
Frank
--
http://frank.uvena.de/en/