[Geany-Devel] Adding a plugin

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Sun Jun 9 10:47:14 UTC 2013

[...]

> Sorry, but I didn't understand exactly what you were attempting to
> demonstrate in your example.
> Please take pity on an admitted moron here and expand a bit on what is
> going on in the example.
>
> Main questions:
>     where does the magic number 211 come from? GEANY_VERSION_CHECK(211...)
>         Lex says we're supposed to use API numbers, like 0.19. Please, as
> a demo, convert that to an int.
>         When I try, I get zero. But, like I said, I'm a moron.

Ahhh, theres the confusion, API numbers are not version numbers, version
numbers can be all over the place, 1.23, 1.23.1 etc.  API numbers are nice
numbers that simply increase whenever something is chnaged in the API,
currently the numbers are in the 2xx region, or for the experimental GTK3
version of Geany 3xx.

The current git geany has an API of 216, the API versions for releases are
given in the table inthe wiki.