[Geany-Devel] wordchars in filetypes.r

Steven Blatnick steve8track at xxxxx
Mon Jul 29 06:13:45 UTC 2013

Sweet! I've changed some syntax highlighting colors, but I didn't realize the word def was in there too.

Is there a way to add highlighting to variables and escape sequences within a string?  For example (perl):

print "My name is $name\n";

Where $name and/or \n are highlighted with a different color within a string.  Also, I'm not at my computer, but many editors struggle with perl strings as they can be delimeted quite liberally, like qq~this~.  I'll have to see if geany has some of those issues when I get a chance.

Maybe these are scintilla issues though?

Thanks for telling me word definitions are settable.

Steve

Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android