[Geany-Devel] plugin_module_make_resident()

Dimitar Zhekov dimitar.zhekov at xxxxx
Sun Jul 21 18:14:59 UTC 2013

Hi, all,

It may seem obvious, but if you make a plugin resident with $subject,
and then reload it (by un-checking and re-checking it's name in the
Plugin Manager), plugin_finalize() and plugin_init() will be executed,
but any global variables will not be re-initialized. So be careful.

Personally I expected that a new copy of the plugin will be loaded
every time, and the ones that call $subject will stay in memory to
support the new gtype(s), but will be otherwise dead. It may be nice
to add a note to the $subject description in pluginutils.c, though
my english is not good enough to explain it briefly.

P.S. I'll fix Scope in the next new days.

--
E-gards: Jimmy