[Geany-Devel] Smart tabs

Thomas Martitz thomas.martitz at xxxxx
Tue Jul 16 05:45:11 UTC 2013

Am 16.07.2013 03:02, schrieb Lex Trotman:

> 2) There has been much discussion on the ML and several actual
> prototypes of improved indentation/alignment schemes that are flexible
> enough to address many languages (even just many C style languages is
> a hard problem).  None of them have been sufficiently correct, enough
> of the time, to overcome the problems of being really annoying when
> they are incorrect.  Therefore anything would have to be a plugin so
> that it can simply not be loaded if the user didn't want it.  Also it
> would need to only operate when the correct language was being edited.

Bah, this "everything must be a plugin" really annoys me. Indentation is
really a core feature, whether smart or not, and is nowhere extra
functionality provided by external code and authors.

g-p has also shown that finding motivated plugin authors that maintain
their stuff beyond the initial code drop is hard, so we should really
not rely too much on plugins.

What's wrong with you accepting new code in the core?

Best regards.