[Geany-Devel] GTK 2.16 build error in Markdown plugin

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at uvena.de
Thu Jan 31 18:09:58 UTC 2013

Hey Matthew,

the Markdown plugin currently does not compile on GTK 2.16, more
specific with GLib < 2.26.
See http://nightly.geany.org/misc/build_gtk216_plugins_stderr.log for
details.

One issue is that "uint" (conf.c:245) is not defined. I guess this is
just a typo and should be "guint". I just don't understand why this
works on other systems, like the nightly build environment for
ArchLinux. Anyway, changing it to "guint" is probably good enough.

Though there is another issue:
g_object_class_install_properties is first available in GLib 2.26 (used
in conf.c:372). So maybe this plugin needs a higher GLib requirement.