[Geany-Devel] Python filetype 2 or 3 or both?

Lex Trotman elextr at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 06:33:35 UTC 2013

[...]
> +1
>

>> What do other Python users think?
>>

> My 2¢ as a themer and Python user is that True, False, None, and nonlocal
> should be in 'primary' keywords list and 'print' and 'exec' should go should
> into 'identifiers' keywords list (with other built-in functions). Even if
> it's Py3 way, it works fine for Py2 as well.
>
> I made a little script to automate this merging of the keyword lists, if we
> want to use it I could update the keywords lists in 'filetypes.python', and
> possibly put the script in the 'scripts' directory in the source tree for
> future use.

Showing true modesty Matthew didn't post the script :)

It and the lists that result are here:
https://github.com/codebrainz/geany/commit/ba35b893b7670f7580525e734fd0286833382487

If there are no supported objections in say, a week or so, then I
suggest we use these lists and put the script in scripts for
occasional updating the lists.  Thanks Matthew.