[Geany-Devel] Python filetype 2 or 3 or both?

Thomas Young thomasyoung at free.fr
Wed Jan 23 09:14:11 UTC 2013

Hi Lex,

For myself, yes, I'd definitely say that missing keywords is worse than
extras.
And just including all of these as keywords seems fine.

As an aside note that I quite often find myself getting stuff like local
variables and parameters coloured as keywords in wing, not because of
differences in python versions, but because it actually seems to be ok
to 'hide' built in stuff with your own definitions.

See, for example, the following:

python 2.7.3 (default, Sep 26 2012, 21:51:14)
[GCC 4.7.2] on linux2
 >>> False = True
 >>> print False
True

(I wouldn't do this in real code, but in many situations it is quite
convenient to not worry about trying to avoid name clashes with built in
tags!)

Best regards,

Thomas