[Geany-Devel] [Geany-Plugins] waf install plugin on win32

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at uvena.de
Tue Jan 22 18:56:57 UTC 2013

On 22/01/13 15:03, Colomban Wendling wrote:
> Le 22/01/2013 14:13, vadim kochan a écrit :
>> Hi all,
>> It is related to win32 OS.
>> When I try to run waf install --destdir=xxx then everything is copied
>> into xxx/geany-plugins-${version}
>>
>> I expect that everything should be copied to different folders relative
>> to xxx path.
>> is it correct? is there any other options?
>
> Without much knowledge about Waf, generally "destdir" means a directory
> to use as the base from where to install (see it e.g. as the directory
> in which you unpack an archive).  To change the directory in which
> install the files instead of the default one, use --prefix=xxx
>
> Hope that's it, or maybe wait for a more educated answer (Enrico's
> especially).

Not really more educated but IIRC I mostly ignored custom prefix/destdir
variables in the Waf script for Windows. My idea was that nobody will
use it anyway on their own and so I hardcoded many paths to install
stuff really only in geany-plugins-${version} in the CWD. This directory
is only meant to be packaged in the installer and nothing more.

Sorry, I really didn't spend much efforts in keeping the Windows Waf
script stuff in general purpose, it's rather tailored for creating a
installer instead.