[Geany-Devel] GEANY - New behaviour of "close" document action to close only tabs

vadim kochan vadim4j at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 00:19:51 UTC 2013

Thanks for trying understand me.

Ok, so when I use any IDE  I expect & actually want it, that I can
group files into project (yeah Geany supports it by term "session").

After that I can select some files into tab & work with them, if I dont
need some
file I can exclude it from tab, but not from project bcouse it means that I
dont want this file
currently but this file should stay included into project. For example when
I load Geany
related files from project file I see all tabs are open and for me its
difficult to navigation between them.
It would be much usefull for me if I can select into tabs files which I
need dynamically.

I look on tabs like fast navigation between
needed files for some short period.
In next time when I load same project I can select another files into tabs,
but I want that rest of files
which belongs to this project stay here.

May be the missunderstanding comes from
different terms which we use:
- I use the term "project" and by this I mean that files which I loaded into
sidebar will stay here (most of them) for a some long time.

- You use the term "session", and probably it means you want use loaded
files
for some short time?

Actually this "tab" behaviour is standart for most of the IDE I has been
used.

P.S.
Not sure if I can explain clearly, sorry but I dont speak english good :-)