[Geany-Devel] GEANY - New behaviour of "close" document action to close only tabs

Lex Trotman elextr at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 23:44:05 UTC 2013

On 22 January 2013 10:32, vadim kochan <vadim4j at gmail.com> wrote:
> I like current system, but I dont like to keep all loaded files in tabs,

You mean you want to keep the file loaded in Geany, but with no GUI
presence?  If so, thats a significant change to the way tabs operate,
and different to most other applications.  The normal practice is for
tab closing to unload the file, but if it doesn't then users could be
surprised by the growing memory usage as files stayed in memory.

Why do you want to do this?  You haven't explained that yet, so nobody
can suggest possible alternate mechanisms.

> so for me it's more usefull when I can select some target documents into
> tabs
> & fast switch between them.

Sure, thats the point of tabs, but not sure why you want the other files loaded?

> Thanks for suggestions, going to re-think how to move it into a plugin, but
> I feel
> it will be complicated)

Ok, but do try to answer the questions above, that way we can help you
produce a solution that solves your problem and others problems too.
If you have a problem then others are likely to have a similar issue
too, so lets understand the problem and then look for a common, and
*simple* :) solution.