[Geany-Devel] GEANY - New behaviour of "close" document action to close only tabs

Lex Trotman elextr at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 23:18:19 UTC 2013

On 22 January 2013 10:04, vadim kochan <vadim4j at gmail.com> wrote:
> It is just a "demonstrative" code.
> So, I just wanted to share my changes,
> may be someone will be interested in them, nothing more :-)

Ok, in that case you probably need to provide more of a use-case for
it.  Whats wrong with the current system?  And how does your proposal
address that.  So far all I could see was that you don't like the
current system.  That may be a reason to change it. :)  But to
convince others that it should be in core you probably need more
reasoning.  Like I said I don't see the point of it?

> Actually, meanwhile I dont see it as a  plugin-like functionality, but
> rather like main functionality
> which can be turned on/off from "settings" box.

Shouldn't make any difference if its plugin or core.  Plugins are
optional functionality, not second class citizens.  We don't want to
keep inflating core with more and more options, Geany should remain
light and fast.  But that will depend on the response to the
suggestion.