[Geany-Devel] I'm thinking I like Geany...

Steven Blatnick steve8track at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 11 00:40:37 UTC 2013

That's awesome!  I hadn't tried the lua plugin features until I tried
your script (geany is still new to me).  Can you create complex UIs with
them?  If so, I suggest taking a look at gedit's snap-open plugin for
interface ideas.  It filters a list of files as you type.  The list
includes two column in a table: the filename, and the file path (for
context).

Here is a screenshot of how it works:

I've tweaked the gedit plugin a bit for my personal use so that it
always searches from my ~/work/ directory, so for geany I like that you
have it search from the project directory already :-)

This feature being missing from geany is one of the major reasons I
still use gedit for work (that and external tools, which I hope to write
my own plugin for geany unless I can get by with the build tools already
in geany).  I hope with a little tweak/improvement here and there, I'll
feel comfortable completely abandoning gedit sooner than later.

Thanks,

Steve