[Geany-Devel] I'm thinking I like Geany...

Thrawn shell_layer-geany at yahoo.com.au
Thu Jan 10 22:57:01 UTC 2013

Hi, Steven.

I love the idea of snap-open. I've been using 'Find in Files' as a clumsy workaround (search for any text and filter by filename), but it's not ideal...

I've drafted a quick Lua script that does a basic job of this, and uploaded to wiki.geany.org/config/scripts/lua. What do you think?

Enhancements currently planned include:
- filtering of unlikely files/directories (.svn, compiled files like .class or .pyc, etc) unless explicitly in search string;
- specifying directory patterns in search string (eg test/foo to search for 'foo*' in any subdirectory of 'test*');
- searching through open files (probably only if searching the project fails).