[Geany-Devel] codesubmit plugin

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Thu Feb 28 21:35:16 UTC 2013

On 13-02-28 01:12 PM, Mayank Jha wrote:
> thanx a lot for ur feedback.
> I could not get a few things clearly:
> 1. Is this readme not OK?
> https://github.com/mjnovice/geany-plugins/blob/master/codesubmit/README

You need to compile it with doc-utils/rst2html to be sure. Also you
should copy other plugins to know what is commonly put in there.

> 2. "  #include "config.h" (check other plugins for it if needed)" couldn't
> get what do we need to do here?

If you have the plugin inside Geany-Plugins source tree, it shouldn't be
a problem. As above, best is to copy other plugins to see how they do it.

> 3. Do I need to provide a separate text file which contains the licensing,
> won't the comment in the codesubmit.c do the job?

You probably should, since other plugins do (see the pattern? :).

> 4. "Provide a proper patch against geany-plugins including all files" how
> to do this?

Basically the exact opposite of your last pull request :)

It means that your pull request should meet all of the criteria
mentioned in your last pull request's comments, the mailing list
with other plugins. The Pull Request should contain a complete
integration of your plugin, including all required files, no unnecessary
files, updates to both build systems to make it compile, and no obvious
bugs, crashers, leaks, hardcoded paths, embedded Python source code,
improper indentation, etc. If you make commit messages like "blah blah"
again, I can almost guarantee your pull request will get closed
immediately :)

Here are some pretty good examples of integrating a new plugin:

https://github.com/geany/geany-plugins/commit/6c93e9513935820e7919e24722d622506e183b8a

https://github.com/kugel-/geany-plugins/commit/8eb52e74d399736152030d5b9ef0ef3ab292c681