[Geany-Devel] Feature: editor tab width

Steven Blatnick steve8track at xxxxx
Tue Feb 19 20:20:04 UTC 2013

Hope you don't mind my CCing the list.  Answers/questions inline below.

On 02/17/2013 01:02 AM, Matthew Brush wrote:
> On 13-02-16 11:50 PM, Matthew Brush wrote:
>> On 13-02-16 07:22 PM, Steven Blatnick wrote:
>>> Do I need to change anything this time, or is it okay this once?
>>>

>> See my notes :)
>>

> Sorry, I meant to send to devel list but I guess the reply-to address
> was wrong or something.
>
> I think you should check with list first to see correct way to
> implement. For example to adding unusual hard-coded keybindings or
> settings that might be not useful.
>
> My opinion (and it's just that) is that the document tab width should
> be some presets like "small" "default" "large" or stuff like this
> since sizes under 16px or so and over some large amount aren't useful.
> This would allow to be adding only one new preference two.
Personally, I think it would be better to adjust the spinner to limit
the pixel span to a reasonable range.  The spinner allows a greater
variety of settings, which like with font size, people may disagree on
what is "small", etc.

> Also for the message window stuff, how I mentioned is how I think it
> should be.
Message window?  I didn't do anything with windows other than adding a
preference to the Preferences dialog, so I'm a bit confused.  I looked
through recent emails and I'm not seeing anything message window related
concerning this thread.  Sorry if I'm not seeing something in plain sight.

> Just some notes, I won't block anything if someone else wants to fix
> up and merge.
I've reverted my master branch to match what geany's official master has
and made the changes in a new branch in isolation of other features (the
keybinding changes I made).  I've submitted a new pull request.  Let me
know if I need to fix anything else in that request.

> Cheers,
> Matthew Brush
Thanks,

Steve